Fwwixli and Wirxli

Fwwixli and Wirxli
Shopping together on their 1st day of custody.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

OSMOSA - Quality time with Fwwixli...

Here we are on the 2nd floor in front of Dancoyote Antonelli's large open-source poster. Wow, that is a really good self-promo idea! I also saw his poster plastered on the museum's main wall outside.

Hey performance art, open source and adoption fans!

I had a great time hanging out with Fwwixli at the OSMOSA (Open Source Museum of Open Source Art) opening. I waited with my personal bodyguard in the main lobby while waiting for her to show up. She arrived by the time I wandered up to the first floor of the museum. I thought I would need extra bodyguard backup but it turned out that Fwwixli was very well behaved...phew!

Here are some more snapshots...

This is a pic of Koco Furse's "Avatar in a Cage" performance...I thought it was pretty kewl! It was definitely an endurance piece in the 1970s performance art tradition! In the chat history, you will notice that my Second Front co-member Man Michinaga is referring to someone named "Yael". He is referring to the media artist Yael Kanarek. I think he gave her a tour of SL earlier in the day. It also looks like Second Front has a new official fan... Ofelia Laval might actually visit Man Michinaga in RL to join him in attending the Second Life Community Convention in Chicago...wow!


Awwwe...it is always soooo cute when Fwwix decides to sit on my shoulders! It is funny how much glue is on her customly scripted shoulder pads (which she places on other avatars so she can sit on them)...I mean, I can walk up the stairs and run around she still sticks to me..in fact, even when she falls off, she gradually glides back right into place like some sort of smart-bomb! Wow! Oh, take note of her roll of toilet paper...You would probably rather not know what is for ;-) Also, there is anew avatar whom I just met named Veeyawn Spoonhammer. He brought us up to the roof because he built a giant version of himself on this very same roof!

...and here it is, Veeyawn's giant robot! I zoomed out with my camera but still could not fit the entire robot's torso into my field-of-view...wow! I wonder if was using his Linux operating system while building this leviathan automaton!

So, I knew that my bodyguard's shift was coming to a close so I thought it would be safest if I fled just before 7 PM had rolled around. Just before I split the scene to leave my daughter in the care of Man Michinaga, my friend Lior Humphreys showed up after a 20 minute hiatus. During that hiatus period, I think he made a brand new friend...he introduced me to him - his name is Aaires Aabye...I loved his Brazillian shirt! You will also notice that Ofelia is asking us about Second Front. Anyways, I had to rush off to keep safe and to begin this blog which you are currently reading and now I am done blogging this post finally...yaaaaaay!

1 comment:

Theory Shaw said...

Similar to this experiment, ‘RL Architects in SL’ is conducting a Wikitecture experiment in Second Life to determine just how feasible a collaborative approach in design might be for the architectural profession. You do not have to have any experience in Architecture or building to participate. We actually believe the more diverse the pool of contributors, the better. Whether you contribute to the design of the building or offer suggestions on how to improve the process of open-design, we welcome any contributions you may have; no matter how big or small. The program and protocol for the experiment can be found here: http://studiowikitecture.wordpress.com/
Location of evolving design in SL: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Architecture%20Island/91/157/33